35% WEBSITE CREDIT ON "AVAILABLE NOW" PUPS Learn More
35% WEBSITE CREDIT ON "AVAILABLE NOW" PUPS

Limited Time Promotion

We are currently offering up to a 35% website credit on our "available now" puppies.

Prices reflect the credit and is automatically applied during checkout.

The credits offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

Call 787-974-PUPS (787) or make an appointment —>  https://bit.ly/33pxq61

Puppy training packages are available, please call for more info.

Delivery is now available all over Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, USVI'S, and all of the USA.

Somos los primeros en PR licenciados por el Dept de Salud. Nuestros 🐶 incluyen sus vacunas, historial de salud, microchip, están desparasitados y tienen garantía genética por 1 año. Si no encuentras el 🐶 que buscas, ingrese su info 👉 https://bit.ly/3PW2GNK

LIC# 865827

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Common Conditions

Respiratory Infection

January 27, 2014, 11:08 PM
Q: I just took cocoa ( 10 week old teddy bear purchased on 1/20/14) to her 1st vet visit on Friday. while there it was discovered that she has an upper respiratory infection. the vet prescribed her some antibiotics and I have been administering as advised however, it seems as if her cough has gotten worse and I am getting very worried. what should I do? let it run its course or re visit the vet?
A: Since I do not know which antibiotic was prescribed I cannot comment directly on that but to me if a given choice of antibiotic does not allow for some improvement after 7 days it could be advisable to change. If your puppy's attitude and appetite are good then she will get well. complete resolution of all symptoms, especially the cough can take a few weeks During the early stages of a respiratory infection I also like using expectorants like guaifenesin to aid in eliminating fluid or debris from the airways. Take a look at the "respiratory infection" set of videos.